What you should know about Planned Parenthood!
Planned Parenthood is a high dollar money making organization which receives
money from the government as well as automatic contributions from United Way
Following is a partial financial breakdown of Planned Parenthood's
income for 1997 (Financial Statement - available on request)
The income of Planned Parenthood is 531 million a year! Here's the
- 34 percent from the fees charged at their clinics (abortions,
vasectomies, birth control pills)
- 33.5 percent comes from OUR tax dollars (That's
almost 178 million, by the way!)
- 26 percent comes from grants from foundations and corporations.
- 5.8 percent from various other sources including grants to the Alan
Guttmacher Institute, an affiliate of Planned Parenthood.
- Approximately 118 million of the clinic income came from selling birth
control devices. Almost 71 percent of Planned Parenthood clients use the
birth control (abortifacient) pill resulting in a profit of $65 million
from selling the pill.
Planned Parenthood states that they are not 'selling' abortion and that they
have counselors to offer all their clients alternatives to abortion. However, any survey
of clients of Planned Parenthood, reveals a different story. The following survey reported
by Human Life International, is typical:
- 60 percent say the counselor had "very strongly influenced them" to
choose abortion as the best solution to their problem.
- 90 percent say that there was "a strong chance" they would not have
chosen abortion if they "had not been so strongly encouraged to abort".
- Over 60 percent were hoping to find an alternative when they went to
- 95 percent said the counselors gave "little or no biological
information" about the unborn baby which the abortion would destroy.
- 80 percent said counselors gave "little to no information" about the
potential health risks of abortion.
It seems that the only 'choice' Planned Parenthood is offering is abortion!
Planned Parenthood does a lot of abortions at many of their facilities including
the horrible partial birth abortion in which a pre-born infant, often viable, is
turned and delivered breech, up to the head, then a scissors is inserted into
the head and the brain is suctioned out, killing the infant and collapsing the head
so the baby can be more easily delivered.
Here is the way
Planned Parenthood describes the partial birth abortion:
"Some providers use a three step D&E procedure instead of the induction
method for abortions after 24 weeks. In the first two steps, the cervix
is dilated several times until it is wide enough to allow removal of the
fetus with grasping instruments."
Planned Parenthood states that they care about the children and the
family but actions speak louder than words. Planned Parenthood:
- Is heavily funded by tax monies (Planned Parenthood Financial
- Receives a donation on the National level from United Way funds
whether you designate it or not. (United Way informational brochure
which shows the breakdown on the national level)
- Is spending thousands of dollars in several states to hold up Informed
Consent and Parental consent laws in court, even when they know the
law is constitutional, just to prevent these laws from protecting
women who choose to abort. (Arizona is one state - there are several
- Has fought any efforts to regulate the sanitation at abortion clinics.
They advocate that there should be NO standard of cleanliness for
abortion clinics and NO protection of any kind for the women who have
abortions at the clinics.
- Makes 120 million dollars a year from the sale of birth control pills
(Planned Parenthood Financial statement)
- Does not tell women that taking the birth control pill increases
their risk of breast cancer by FIFTY PERCENT! (New England Journal
of Medicine, July 1992)
- Makes 70 million dollars a year from doing abortions. (Planned
Parenthood Financial statement)
- Goes into the public schools and encourages our young people to be
sexually active, perpetuating the myth that there is any kind of
`safe' sex, even with condoms (which have a 1 in 10 failure rate when
used properly and a higher failure rate in normal use). (New England
Journal of Medicine - 4/97)
- Does not warn teens and pre-teens about Sexually Transmitted Disease
and that there is an epidemic of STDs among young people right now
(some of which is untreatable with antibiotics). (US Govt Statistics)
- Does NOT tell the young people they speak to about abstinence being a
good choice despite the fact that many government programs are
advocating abstinence to avoid STDs and other complications of being
sexually active at too young an age. (See AZ state brochures on this)
- Does NOT admit that surveys polling young people `educated' with
Planned Parenthood sex education have a GREATER number of pregnancies
and a higher incidence of sexual activity than those not so educated.
- Does not warn women who abort, that 24 out of 27 studies in the last
20 years have shown a greatly increased risk of breast cancer among
aborted women. (Brind, Joel et al, Journal of Epideml Comm Health,
1996:50:481-96; New England Journal of Medicine [Corr] 6/19/97)
- Does not admit that a 12 week fetus is fully developed with human
brain waves, ability to feel pain and working organs. (Hamilton et
al: HUMAN EMBRIOLOGY, 4th ed; Mountcastle, MEDICAL PHYSIOLOGY,
Time-Life: "Life before Birth")
- Does not warn women that in 25 percent of abortions, serious
complications arise including bleeding, infection and future
- Does not admit the existance of post abortion stress syndrome despite
the fact that 85 percent of aborted women get it.
- Chose to NOT provide general health care so they could focus on
providing `reproductive services' such as abortion and birth control.
(Happened in early 1996 - reason why former director left)
The founder of Planned Parenthood, Margaret Sanger felt that people who
were not rich and intelligent should not have children and that the
handicapped and mentally handicapped and very poor should be sterilized.
According to articles appearing in the internal Planned Parenthood
publications, the sentiment among the leaders of Planned Parenthood is
very similar to that of the foundress.
Margaret Sanger, before she was involved in Planned Parenthood was
active in an organization called "The Protective Society for Children".
This organization advocated that children be allowed to continue to
labor in the sweat shops at a young age, despite the fact that children
were dropping dead from the conditions and bad environment and long
hours. In other words, the Society did the opposite of their name -
they were not interested in protecting the child but rather interested
in protecting the owners of the sweat labor shops who were exploiting
the children for monetary purposes. It seems that this deception is
being carried through in Planned Parenthood's endeavor to appear
`concerned' for the health of the woman and her child. (Hunt, Irene,
"THE LOTTERY ROSE")
Use back arrow on Browser to go back to home page
Return to the Reading Place